Doesn’t Summer food seem to translate as fresh, simple, and flavoursome?! We think so. Get ready for a flavour hit with this super-quick and simple burrito bowl (it was so good we actually forgot to add the Aji sauce! Oops.)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (approx. 1 cup uncooked)
- handful chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 stalks spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bulb fennel, diced
- 1/2 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 cheek mango, scored
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1/2 avocado, scored
- OPTIONAL: 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- OPTIONAL: tbsp peri peri powder
- OPTIONAL: 1 tbsp Chilian Aji sauce (or similar chilli salsa)
- In a serving bowl, add all vegetable ingredients and mix. We recommend scoring then scooping mango and avocado with a spoon, and the pomegranate will loosen its seeds after vigorous tapping on the bench whilst uncut, and a scoring across its midline and careful prying apart will release the seeds and juice with ease. Check out Youtube if you’re not too sure – once you know how to work with a pomegranate, you’ll never live in fear of it’s juice again!
- If you’re going the meat-eater route, add cubed chicken to a tsp olive oil in a hot pan, dust with peri peri powder and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Serve cooked quinoa alongside salad and chicken. Add Aji salsa for an extra chilli hit!